Green is everywhere. It’s the most common color in the natural world, and it’s second only to blue as the most common favorite color. It’s the color we associate with money, the environment, and aliens! It is the colour of living grass and leaves and as a result is the color most associated with springtime, growth and nature. Today we share with you our favourite green art print inspiration.
Green Around The World
- Green, blue-green, and blue are sacred colors in Iran, where they symbolize paradise.
- In Japan, it is regarded as the color of eternal life.
- In Aztec culture, green was considered to be royal because it was the colour of the quetzal plumes used by the Aztec chieftains.
- The solid green flag of Libya is currently the only national flag of a single color.
- In China, jade stones represent virtue and beauty.
- In Portugal, it is the color of hope because of its associations with spring.
- In the highlands of Scotland, people used to wear the colour green as a mark of honor.